Search This Blog

Monday, November 2, 2009

When Playing Host To a Ghost....

Photobucket
After dressing up for a big Halloween bash on the 24th and attending Jer Ber Jones' creepy cabaret on Hallows Eve, I was a little Halloweened out by the big day. I was also flying solo since my husband, Senor Amor, would be Deejaying a party on Halloween night. I had been talking with my friend, Sue Nice, about hanging out at my house that night and making an autumnal feast. We decided to call some friends and find out who would like to contribute to our feast and participate in a more relaxed celebration of the dead. Three other people agreed to join us. Sue and I had to conjure up the spirits to add some festive touches to the meal and decor. Sue brought over some "ghost toast" she had made out of toast, cheese, and peppercorns. She also brought a little witch hat that she had made. We put the hat on my gold asian bust and festooned it with cute little spooky candles and napkins that were on sale at the grocery store. Luckily, our living room is orange and black, so you do not need to add much to make it a Halloween wonderland. Our friend Steve Lanasa arrived wearing a homemade ghost costume, which he later hung off of the balcony. This added the final touch to our impromtu Halloween decor. If you end up getting lonely this holiday season, break out some bubbly and tinsel, light a few candles, call a few friends, and create an instant party. Cheers!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

1 comment: