Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Minimalist Christmas

Photobucket

This little tree is my Aunt Gailia's actual Christmas tree this year. She is usually not a decor minimalist, but decided to take a more stress free approach to the holidays. Also, think how big your presents will look under that petite pine. Don't get me wrong. In the past, Aunt Gailia has done her share of over the top seasonal decorating. Everything down to the toilet seat covers were covered in some form of holiday imagery. No surface was safe from a yule tide transformation. I think Gailia gave herself a well-deserved Christmas gift by scaling back. My mother has been doing this for years since she bought a pre-decorated tree that hangs on her back door. I applaud them both for taking a break from the pageantry of the season and breaking it down to its purest essence.

Photobucket
My sister, nephew, and mom pose in front of the door tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment