Search This Blog

Monday, December 28, 2009

Repurposed and Recycled Art

Photobucket

After the holidays, Senor and I spent the day with our lovely niece, Arielle, and our darling nephew, Max. I researched places and events around town that would be entertaining for a 5 year old boy and an 11 year old girl. I have been wanting to see the Noah's Ark exhibit at the Skirball Jewish Cultural center and thought this might be the place to go. When I found out there was also a craft room there, I was sold. We were welcomed in by a guide who explained that most of the animals were made out of repurposed and recycled materials by many different artists. I love the use of recycling in art and believe that it will become a major movement in the future. The exhibit blew me away and the kids loved all of it's interactive capabilities. Who am I kidding? I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off touching and playing with everything. To top it off, we all were able to create our own recycled animals in the craft room. The kids and I went craft crazy and met a lot of other interesting crafters. A wonderful time was had by all and I would definitely recommend this excursion to everyone.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Arielle and Max
Photobucket
Arielle's Pig
Photobucket
Max's Bat
Photobucket
My owl

No comments:

Post a Comment